"No soy nada. Nunca seré nada. No puedo querer ser nada. Aparte de eso, tengo en mí todos los sueños del mundo."
“I am nothing. I'll never be anything. I couldn't want to be something. Apart from that, I have in me all the dreams in the world."

(Fernando Pessoa)

martes, 22 de abril de 2014

Free after school

(Toronto, Canada)

Cuando tenía 5 años mi madre siempre me decía que la felicidad era la clave de la vida. Cuando fui a la escuela, me preguntaron que quería ser de mayor. Yo respondí: "feliz". Me dijeron que yo no entendía la pregunta, y yo les respondí que ellos no entendían la vida.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.

(John Lennon)




SUPERTRAMP - SCHOOL

I can see you in the morning when you go to school
Don't forget your books, you know you've got to learn the golden rule,
Teacher tells you stop your play and get on with your work
And be like Johnnie - too-good, well don't you know he never shirks
- he's coming along!

After School is over you're playing in the park
Don't be out too late, don't let it get too dark
They tell you not to hang around and learn what life's about
And grow up just like them - won't you let it work it out
- and you're full of doubt

Don't do this and don't do that
What are they trying to do?- Make a good boy of you
Do they know where it's at?
Don't criticize, they're old and wise
Do as they tell you to
Don't want the devil to
Come out and put your eyes

Maybe I'm mistaken expecting you to fight
Or maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know wrong from right
But while I am still living, I've just got this to say
It's always up to you if you want to be that
want to see that
want to see that way
- you're coming along!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario